Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in English;
- As a general rule, manuscripts of major articles should be no longer than 7000 words;
- Briefing notes should be between 1200 to 1800 words;
- Book reviews must be in the range of 750 to 1000 words;
- All manuscripts must be submitted in Word format (.docx), OpenOffice, or RTF document file format at jicw.org;
- Manuscripts should conform to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA Manual). All headings, subheadings, reference lists, etc., must follow the latest APA standards;
- All in-text citations must be found in the references section, and vice versa;
- All submissions must include an abstract of 100-150 words setting out the intent, main objectives, as well as the results/conclusions of the work. These summaries should be placed immediately below the paper title, author and institutional affiliation;
- Biographies of the first author and/or corresponding author within 150 words. This should include the name, rank, educational background, research field, etc.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor);
- Where available, URLs and DOI's for the references have been provided;
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.