The 2022 Writing Contest is now closed. Winners will be announced in February 2023.
All contest entries must be submitted using the template provided.
The template asks you to write an abstract to provide details about the assignment for which the paper was originally written and about the paper itself. Please include this abstract both within the uploaded file and on the metadata page. To learn more about writing an academic abstract, click here. Note: for this submission, you do not require keywords.
The Submission Process
Step 1: Select the appropriate Section - 2021-First Year Category (0-29 credits completed), 2021-Middle Years Category (30-89 credits completed), 2021-Fourth Year+ Category (90+ credits completed, including Honours), or Plurlingual Prize Category (open to all undergraduate students). Please do not select "Articles."
Step 2: Check that you have met the Submission Requirements (checkboxes must be filled in to continue).
Step 3: Select Submit as "Author."
Step 4: For "Article Component" select "Article Text." Upload your submission file in the template provided.
Step 5: Add additional files, including your unofficial transcript and original assignment guidelines (if available).
Step 6: Enter metadata:
Title: This should be the title of your paper (you can ignore the Prefix and Subtitle fields)
Abstract: This should be the same abstract from the submission template.
Step 7: Review and complete your submission
All submissions must be accompanied by:
1. The paper, using the template provided.
2. Your most recent unofficial academic transcript - can be downloaded from the Student Information System
** Your transcript is used solely to verify your number of credits completed and will not be shared with the contest judges. **
3. If available, please also upload a copy of the original assignment guidelines for the paper.
- You have completed 0-29 credits for the First Year Category, 30-89 credits for the Middle Years Category, or 90+ credits for the Fourth Year+ Category (including Honours students). Please add up your credit units before submitting, up to and including the summer 2021 term. Note: You must be working on your first undergraduate degree and transfer credits are included in your total number of credits completed.
- Your paper is between 1,250 and 2,500 words (not including references). Please do a word-count before submitting. Papers that are 20 words under or over the word count will not be considered.
- Your paper has been put into the template and provides all the information requested.