Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, or it has been indicated where and when it has been previously published.
- Written submissions should be uploaded as a Microsoft Word document. Artwork, photography, and graphic story submissions should be uploaded as JPEG or PNG files. Optional: graphic stories may be submitted in PDF format for easier viewing, however JPEG or PNG versions must also be included.
- A SEPARATE Microsoft Word document including your name, educational institution, program of study, and a short 3-sentence bio is uploaded IN ADDITION to files meant for review. Please title your submission file as "[title of work] lyre13" and the bio file as "[firstname familyname] bio lyre13". For example, the artwork file can be named as "Self Portrait with Monkey lyre13" and the bio file as "Frida Kahlo bio lyre13".
- Text submissions are formatted as follows: Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, with standard indentations and paragraph format where applicable. For any emphasized text or foreign terms, please use italics rather than underlining. Excerpts of written work are welcome.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Your name is NOT included in the file submitted for publication review. We take no responsibility for your anonymity; that is your responsibility.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors publishing with The Lyre retain copyright to their work and grant The Lyre the right of first publication. All works published in The Lyre are published under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial license (CC BY NC).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.