Follow these steps to submit:
If you have submitted to Ed Review previously, LOG IN and follow submission instructions.
If this is your first time submitting to Ed Review, you will need to REGISTER and create a user account.
Publication and Submission Fees:
There is no publication and submission fees for submissions from authors to this journal.
Submission guidelines for articles and other types of scholarships
- SFUEdR accepts manuscripts of up to 9,000 words including abstract, and appendixes. References are not counted in the word limit.
- All text must be double-spaced. Type size must be at least 12 point in Times New Roman with 1-inch margins on all sides, and paper size should be set to 8.5 x 11, even if printed on A4 paper.
- The journal defers to author preference in decisions about the naming and capitalization of racial, ethnic, and cultural groups. Manuscripts should be internally consistent in this regard.
- For all manuscripts, authors should use the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for reference and citation formats. References must be in APA format. Manuscripts with references and/or citations in another form will be returned to the author(s).
- We recommend Purdue OWL as a quick APA reference: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_style_introduction.html
- Authors should indicate whether they are submitting their manuscript as a research article, an essay, a feature, a Voices: Reflective Accounts of Education article, an essay review, or a book review.
- Manuscripts are considered anonymously. The author’s name must not appear anywhere in the manuscript; any references that identify the author in the text must be either deleted or made anonymous (e.g., instead of citing “Smith, 1972,” cite “Author, 1972”). Please do not submit a title page as part of your manuscript.
- Keywords: Immediately after the abstract, provide a maximum of six keywords. These keywords will be used for indexing and to improve searchability of the submission through the journal system and Google
Book Review Submission Guidelines
Book reviews should not exceed 1,500 to 2,000 words and should be typed using double-space, 12-point, Times New Roman font. Please see the most recent APA style guide for any references and in-text citations.
Other Types of Submissions (poetry, stories, interviews, videos, performances, etc.)
Submissions of these types must be accompanied by written text to contextualize the work. Written text should be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1000 words.
SFU Ed Review has a three-stage review process. Submissions are first assessed for any unique technical production required for their publication. They are then subject to a double-blinded review stage after which the author is informed whether the submission is “accepted as is”, “accepted with revision” or “declined”. The submission is returned to the author who then works with the Editor to ensure that the Reviewer comments are sufficiently addressed.
Articles and other types of scholarships submitted to SFU Educational Review must not be submitted simultaneously to other journals.
The copyright for content in SFU Educational Review is retained by the author(s), with first publication rights granted to the SFU Educational Review. By virtue of the open access policy of SFU Educational Review, content may be used with proper attribution (to both the author and SFU Educational Review) for educational and other non-commercial use.
All contributors to the SFU Educational Review are required to sign an author contract.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Editor-in-Chief: Poh Tan at email@example.com